Lindy's Road Trip to Aurora University, Class of 1967 Reunion: Part II The Labyrinth and Reunion

US 30, Lincoln Highway, and DAIRY QUEEN!


Lindy's Road Trip to Aurora University, Class of 1967 Reunion - Part II
Lindy graduated from Aurora College (now University) June 5, 1967. She planned to drive to Aurora, following as much as possible US Highway 30. She stopped along the way to visit friends and special sites, such as the Eisenhower Library!

Here are her observations and thoughts on the last day of travel to Aurora finalized from a draft written April 20, 2018. 

My last day of the trip I purposefully planned travel along old US 30, the same route taken 50 plus years ago as we (Carol Ann Ryan Brandenburger and I) traveled from home in Oregon to Aurora.



Our class gift to the University is a Labyrinth. I parked near the Labyrinth, taking these pictures. 
These were posted around the Labyrinth.
So true!!! I've always liked Eleanor!




I walked it. There was no one around. I thought about the three of us, 54 years ago, as we boarded the train in Portland with our families there to send us off. I walked thinking of those wishes and dreams. Scared to death leaving the security of home and family; traveling 2,100 miles.... I walked thinking of each year:  the first, then the second,--my inner frustrations, my "awakenings", the third and finally our senior year. One of my brothers worked at a printing shop in the LA area, and made me a blank journal which he sent me while in college. I wrote LOTS in it! As I walked I thought about those writings long forgotten...I need to re-visit that journal! I shall make a note to locate that journal from storage. I will! 

I walked thinking of current students--wishing them time for reflection. Time to think about what it is they really enjoy doing. Time to think about how they can make a difference. Time to think about themselves, their place in the world, and wishing them inner peace as they work towards identifying what really matters for and to them. For indeed, as AU says:  Discover what matters, then build your life around it!

I walked thinking of loss:  of friends, of family. I walked thinking of joys: again, of friends, of family. I walked thinking of the blessings EACH of us have:  of friends and family. It was celebratory as I finished!

The reunion activities started the next day! Such fun! Let me share the pictures and you can determine for yourself! Remember, by clicking on any picture, you will make it larger. More pictures can be found here and here
Gale, Kris, Pam, Jan, Helen and Audrey

Jo and Lindy 

Jan, Lindy and Marilyn
Ruth, and President Sherrick

Ruth and Lindy

Jan and Lindy
'Tis June 2020....I am finally publishing this post of almost three years ago. We had such a good time! My hope is for you, the reader, to capture a bit of that fun as you reflect on your past good times with friends and family and anticipate more good times today and in the future!

We are currently enjoying glorious Montana sunshine, and a little rain, and some thunder, and some strong wind gusts, with fresh snow popping up on the tips of the mountains around us. Nothing like summer in Montana! 


Dogs are LOVING the grass! We are NOT SWIRVIN on down the road. Not for a while!

Life is good! 


 

Comments